Summer is finally here, which means that everyone is donning their favorite light-colored attire and attending outdoor events.
Keeping those outfits pristine can be a challenge. Is it just us, or do light colors seem to be a magnet for every stain imaginable? Don't worry, we have stain-fighting tips to keep you looking your best while you enjoy everything that summer has to offer!
1. Blot the stain with a clean cloth. Do not rub, it will only spread the stain.
2. Sprinkle salt on the stain and let it sit for about an hour. The salt will absorb the stain!
3. Pre-treat the stain by washing the area with dish soap.
4. Pour boiling water over the area to flush the stain out.
5. Machine wash on the hot cycle or according to garment instructions.
6. Let the garment to air dry, rather than putting it in the dryer. The heat from the dryer can set the stain and make it more visible.
1. Rinse the area with cold water, removing as much of the stain as you can.
2. Put laundry detergent on the stain and scrub with a soft toothbrush. Rinse and add more detergent, leaving it to soak.
3. Machine wash the garment on the cold cycle or according to garment instructions.
4. Do not place the garment in the dryer, as heat may set the stain. Let it air dry instead.
ASH OR CHARCOAL
1. Start by shaking off the excess ash, then lightly brush the stain with a soft dry toothbrush.
2. Mix some detergent and baking soda together to create a scrub and apply it to the area. If the stain doesn’t come out right away, let it sit for a couple of hours or overnight.
3. Rinse the area with warm or hot water and machine wash according to garment instructions.
4. Allow the garment to air dry rather than putting it in the dryer. The heat from the dryer can set the stain and make it more visible.